We are pleased to announce that Aberdeen Audiology now offers — via HIPAA-compliant telehealth — evidence-based, professionally supervised and administered testing and therapy for auditory processing disorders!
It is estimated that between 5% and 10% of school-aged children present with an auditory processing difficulty. This means in a classroom of 25 students, it is likely that between one and three of these students has difficulty processing speech and language auditorily, which in turn impacts learning, whether that is at home or in a classroom.
How Evaluation and Therapy via TeleHealth Works:
- Contact our office via telephone or using the contact page at this website to set up an initial consultation with Dr. Goyne via telephone or HIPAA-compliant video call. There is no charge for this initial consultation. During the consultation, you and Dr. Goyne will determine if moving onward through the process is right for you or your child (this service is for both adult and pediatric patients).
- Via HIPAA-compliant video call, Dr. Goyne will begin the evaluation process with you and/or your child. The evaluation includes a thorough case history obtained by Dr. Goyne and data collection from the patient, also via video call.
- Dr. Goyne will analyze the case history information and the data collected in Step 2 and provide you with a written report.
- You and Dr. Goyne, via traditional telephone or video call, go over the test results, what they mean, and provide recommendations for treatment.
- If auditory therapy is one of the recommendations, Dr. Goyne will discuss with you the various options for telehealth therapy that meet the patient’s needs.
Together, let’s take advantage of this time to help those with auditory processing difficulties listen and learn to the best of their abilities. We look forward to hearing from you.